Courtagen Life Sciences and its affiliates (“Courtagen,” “we” or “us”) value your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. Courtagen is a life sciences company that provides innovative proteomic and genomic products and services to the life sciences industry, and offers genetic testing services to medical professionals. We deliver tools that enable researchers and clinicians to make better decisions regarding drug development and patient care.
What Information Do We Collect About You
We may collect information about you directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. Typically, we collect the following types of information from Site users:
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically gather information about all visitors to our Site. We may collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services: your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; benefits and services you access; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We also may collect the following information about your use of the Application: mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the Application; and the length of time that you are logged into our Application.
We may also accept job applications via our Site. If you send a resume or fill out an application in response to a job opening posted on our Site, we will use your personal information only for the purpose of filling the job opening and will not use it for any other purpose.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences.
- Where permitted by law, for marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- For research purposes.
Notwithstanding the above, we may freely use aggregate or anonymous information about users for marketing, advertising, promotional or similar purposes
How We Disclose Your Information
We may share the information that we receive from you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
We will not share your personally identifiable information with third parties other than as stated above, unless we have your consent.
Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.Persistent cookies.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use these cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.Third Party Cookies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to disable and manage your cookies settings. If you disable cookies you may still browse public areas of the Site, but many features and Services will not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We and our third party service providers may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
We use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Site. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, [password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls, and internal restrictions on who may access data] to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Communications We Send to You
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
How to Access Your Information
Users of our Physician Portal may change their login information and passwords through the Physician Portal. Users must contact Courtagen, via the contact information below, to change registration and other account information or to change order information.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
How to Contact Us About Privacy
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org